Here is a selection of Q&As from Your South Wales Wedding magazine whether it be about flowers, hair and makeup, fashion, wedding themes, health & beauty, cakes, stationery, legal advice. If you would like your question answered by our experts, please email it to email@example.com
To view more expert advice on a different topic, please select one from the list below.
Boogie the night away
Q. We're looking for a DJ for our upcoming wedding but are feeling overwhelmed by the amount of choice available. What should we do to help narrow down our decision?
A. June Gould says: When it comes to choosing a DJ, there are two options. The first is to contact someone whose work you have seen and liked, and the second is to do your research. If you're starting from scratch, take the below into consideration before booking.
- Check for good reviews from past clients in a variety of sources or listings.
- They should have PAT and PLI (tested kit and insurance) and be willing to do a risk assessment if one is required by your venue.
- A clear and professional website will tell you a lot about them.
- Decide if you want your DJ to be with you the whole day or just the evening. An all-day service can potentially wrap the day in a well-planned music feast. Look for suppliers who offer music for your ceremony, signing the register, reception, a master of ceremonies, microphones for the speeches and recordings of speeches.
- Make sure they're willing to meet you and discuss your requirements. A face-to-face or online meeting will help you connect and allow you to discuss customisation.
- If the quote seems too good to be true, then it probably is. DJs who have invested in good equipment and deliver quality service will charge a fee that reflects this.
- Find out what's included with the service and if there are different options available.
- A poll suggested that 72 per cent of brides wished they spent more time choosing their wedding entertainment and a higher percentage wished they'd spent more on it. Invest to make special memories for you and your guests.
June Gould,SGDJ Weddings