Here is a selection of Q&As from Your South Wales Wedding magazine whether it be about flowers, hair and makeup, fashion, wedding themes, health & beauty, cakes, stationery, legal advice. If you would like your question answered by our experts, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
To view more expert advice on a different topic, please select one from the list below.
Styled to perfection
|Q||I have very curly hair that never seems to behave. Do you have any ideas of how I could style it on my big day?|
|A||Stacey Williams says: Curls can be unpredictable, unruly, and difficult to control, and there are days when your hair probably feels less than enviable. The difference between fighting with your locks and loving them lies within your routine. Embracing your natural curls to create a gorgeous up do is a great option for your big day. The key to controlling your locks is good products that follow your hair's natural flair. Finding the right products and hairstyles makes managing it so much easier, and makes your hair so much healthier, in turn.
You could create a low romantic style leaving out some natural curls to frame your face, or if a high up do is more your thing, then you could do a high up do using a scrunched technique and loosely pin it to the top of your head.
There is also the option of smoothing some of the hair out to create a more relaxed style, this can be done by straightening certain areas to relax the look, while still keeping your natural curls within the style.
Some of my favourite products are:
- Affinage Kitoko Oil Treatment is an intense nourishing oil for all hair types, leaving it soft and silky but not greasy.
- Bed Head by Tigi is one of my favourite serums for up dos, it smooths cuticles to tame flyaway hair.
- Milk Shake 12 Effects Serum is an intensive treatment, with an amazing 12 effect treatment including heat defence and UV protection.
- Milk Shake Whipped Cream is a leave-in conditioning mousse. It's great for dry hair, but also amazing for curly locks as it has added argan oil which doesn't leave the curls crispy like normal mousse and helps prevent knots and tangles.
- Schwarzkopf Osis Hairspray is a great product as it's fast-drying, non-sticky, and is easy to brush out.
Stacey Williams, Stacey at New Image
|Q||We're having a vintage-inspired wedding, and I'd love to incorporate the theme into my hair and make-up. Do you have any suggestions?|
|A||Janet White-Ashby says: A vintage-themed wedding can be anything from the glamour of the 1920s to the rock and roll energy of the 50s. A couple that chooses a particular decade usually lives a somewhat vintage lifestyle and equates that in their style. Create an inspiration board to help group your ideas. Pick the hairstyle you like the most and ask your stylist to work with you to re-create it, taking into consideration your face shape, hair thickness and texture. Your make-up should enhance your chosen style, think of smoky eyes, red lips, liners and lashes mixed with a modern-day twist.
Hollywood waves or a marcel wave created with modern techniques, dressed with a Great Gatsby-inspired headpiece would look stunning.
Most hair and make-up artists have done theatrical work and have trained to create looks throughout the ages so ask to see their previous work to get an idea of their capabilities.
Janet White-Ashby, Janet White-Ashby & Co